Thursday, October 22, 2009

Hit the Brakes!

That's the screech of the Let's-Have-a-Cini-Baby Plan you hear! Perhaps we (I) were too hasty in announcing our plans to the world and my family and my friends.  So now what you are hearing is our discussion of what we might do. 

Today V and I went shopping at an outlet mall about an hour from our house. Between the lack of weekday traffic and constant rain, we pretty much had the place all to ourselves. That's my kind of shopping! So is it strange that V bought more than I did? Of course, I cracked a joke when we walked by the maternity store saying "Yay, now I don't have to buy a new wardrobe!" I laughed. V looked at me like I was nuts! I also passed on the beautiful, shiny purse that sucked me in at the C.oach store. Yep, I'm happiest with sweats, fun and comfy shoes, and a pretty purse.

At lunch, V told me he was rethinking things. But first you have to understand that my husband literally NEVER changes his mind. It took me a good year of dating him to convince him that khakis were not the enemy. So anything that changes is usually with me pointing out  something over a long, long period of time. 

So as we were talking about home-studies, V explained that the information I gave him about donor eggs had sunk in more. We talked more about the details and decided to put donor eggs back on the table with adoption.  

Hopefully tomorrow we will be having a discussion with Dr. S about the next step. Then some more thinking about whether or not we will switch to a closer clinic now that we have moved, donor eggs....lots of stuff! 

Thanks for all of your support over the last few days. 

xoxo

13 comments:

  1. Neat. More discussing, more planning...it sounds like you guys are working through it together - so good that he can be home now and you can figure it out! You sound excited and positive and it's so nice to see - very inspiring!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. To have an open mind is a wonderful thing and one thing doesn't exclude the other. It's great that you have an open on-going dialogue about this :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh...plan away my friend!!!! You never know where life will lead you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm happy that you all are at peace with the directions that you are able to take. Keep us updated! You're in my thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad to hear your plans. The best part is that you are planning ahead and moving forward. Which can sometimes be the hardest part! Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All the best with the decisions you are making :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The great things about plans? They can change! :) Wishing you luck with the decisions at hand!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just endured failed IVF #2 as well, and totally know what you mean about not feeling much like leaving comments.. but, hey, I'm doing my best :-)

    Good luck on finding the right path for you and your hubby to become parents. And have a wonderful ICLW!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Its great that you still have a couple of options on the table. I know these options are probably not what you would have chosen if you had ultimate power over these things but hey, it's still nice to know that you have a few tricks up your sleeve. I have to say again, you are handling this crap so well. I could barely form a sentance for weeks after my failures. You go girl. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Things are never certain in fertility are they. I found your blog through the endless links of fertility blogs and have enjoyed reading about your story.

    I have nominated you for a Kreativ Blogger Award. Please see my post at http://conceptionallyspeaking.wordpress.com/.

    I hope your doctors appt. goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's good to have options and to get all the information before making a decision. Good luck with your appointment.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's great that you are open to so many different options. I hope that with time you are able to discern the one that works best for you both. Good luck at the RE!

    ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's so hard to pick the right path, isn't it? We never really considered donor eggs - after two rounds of IVF, & a history of miscarriage, we didn't want to risk another failure (and, yes, money did unfortunately play a big part in that). Hope you find the right path for the two of you soon, and good luck.

    ReplyDelete