Sunday, November 13, 2011

Why a haircut?

Oh, can I tell you the response from my friends, family, and blog readers about little E's haircut?

The moaning!
The wailing!
The lamenting!

Okay, I'm totally exaggerating. :) In general though, all of the people who kept BUGGING me about cutting his hair are now bemoaning the fact that I actually cut it.

The main reason for the cut is that the comb-over was simply getting a little too long to swirl correctly. When worn as a  faux-mo(hawk), the ends would start curling instead of staying spiky. In the I'm-growing-naturally-like-a-skunk hair do, the tip of his hair was long enough that it would dangle in between his eyebrows. Not so cute.

So finally did the deed and shaved it the night before my hubby came home from Korea.

I've been assured from my hispanic friends that shaving a baby's head is the way to get a nice thick head of hair. So, I guess we'll see! In the meantime, he looks like a mini-me of his dad. Heehee! <3 my boys

xoxo

2 comments:

  1. If I cut my son's hair like that, I would NEVER hear the end of it from my mother. My brother does that with his son (or rather my sister-in-law) and my mom considers it just one more thing to hold against her. I don't know why people are so opinionated about these things! I think E is adorable either way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's cute. I agree that shaving seems a logical way to get it to all grow back thick and similar in length.

    ReplyDelete