Friday, November 25, 2011

Moose Crossing!

Today was one of those rare days in Alaska where we had magical moose moments. It all started while I was sitting at the dining room table working on some graphs for my principal internship project. My mother looked up from her computer and saw a brown head and body filling up the window. Behind me was this moose about three feet away from me outside of the window! We dashed for our camera and caught this picture as she ran across my yard.



 She spent most of the day with her baby grazing and then resting in the neighbor's yard.
When the sun was about to set, they got up and trotted back across my yard and into our woods. They were immediately followed by another mama and baby set. I <3 my neighborhood moose!

Even those people who are raised here think it's cool to see moose. It's just one of those magical reminders that humans are not alone in the world.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment