Sunday, November 20, 2011

A Big Mess

Before I had E, as an infertile I wondered how anyone who had hit the jackpot with a beautiful kiddo could get in the dumps like this. Well, shit happens.

It seems like the past few weeks I've just been a big messy ball of sadness, tears, irritation, anger, and of course, puke. After the happiness that E has brought to our lives, this past month felt like a huge slide backwards. I really really don't want to be in that place. I've been taking steps to get out of that funk because I know it's been a doozy. By that I mean I've given myself free reign to feel that way, but with a time limit. However, my time limit has expired. Then I got sick. Then I got sick again. So now it's really time to haul myself out of this! Besides, my favorite holiday is just a few days away.

So, today I'm reveling in the fact that I FEEL BETTER! The relief of not being sick, of just feeling normal, is huge!

So now, I'm hanging with my mom and sister and staying warm! It's been hovering in the negatives here which is COLD!

Be safe and warm!

xoxo


6 comments:

  1. oh no, sorry to hear about the funk. You are a strong mama and I know you want to feel better and you will. Family and Thanksgiving is the perfect way to get better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you're in a depressing funk:( I hate how that feels.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boo. That sucks but you've been dealing with a lot of different emotions with everything. I'm sure it's like a pulling a scab off of an old wound--it hurts again and you have to give yourself some time to heal. It's so unfair to have even deal with all of this again but you'll get through it one way or another. We're all here for you! Happy Thanksgiving too! Enjoy your time with your family! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry about the funk, I know how you feel. I think we're doomed until spring though - I know I get better when the sun comes out...

    ReplyDelete
  5. glad you are feeling better, and that you have family in town for Thanksgiving! :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I, too, am glad you are feeling better. So nice that everyone is coming to you for the holiday -- I hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete