Thursday, November 19, 2009

Oh the places we will go...

Part of the fun of the military life is of course finding out where your next home will be. Even though I've lived here for under two months, we already know we'll be moving on in April or May because he is just here for a school. Today we entered the first step in the process as we were given a list of the upcoming vacancies. Surprisingly, our last post wasn't even on the list.

After I got home from my acupuncture appointment (more on that later), my husband ever so nonchalantly handed me a folded up piece of paper. I unfolded it to find military crap listed in a couple of columns. Then after staring at it for a few more seconds, I figured it out. These were the possibilities! Happy dance!

There are so many things to consider for each post: local area, the quality of job opportunities for V, teacher's salaries in the area, cost of living, weather, and for anything over the water, transportation and laws regarding dogs. Some places like Ger.many have crazy hoops to jump through with American Bulldogs....it makes me hesitate for some of the more glamorous places.

Here are the top three on our list of twenty-one possibilities: Alaska, Japan, Italy.... I'm just hoping I get something above number eight on the list! Once we get past that, I'm not very excited. So here we go, throwing the dice to see where we'll go next!

xoxo

10 comments:

  1. Was Fort Bragg on the list? Why can't Fort Bragg be on the list? I know we can't be roommates anymore, but can we at least live in the same state at some point?

    corky

    ReplyDelete
  2. The same friend I spoke of in your last post just got back from Hawaii with her hubby who is in the Air Force. I was lucky enough to be able to visit her while they were there! I am so jealous that they get to travel like that and almost convinced my hubby to join the military at 36, haha!

    I would pick Italy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My in laws were stationed in Alaska. We went to visit them and it was beautiful. The only problem with foreign countries is your baby girl. I think they quarantine them for a long time...I know that would break your heart. I can't believe how much she looks like my baby girl. American Bulldogs are the best breed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am praying for ITALY!!!!! But any of your top 3 work too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, how exciting. Stressful too I'm sure, but still fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been to all three of those places and they are all awesome! Just went to Alaska this summer, and it was beautiful. I hope you get one of your choices!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Italia! (except, check out the quarantine thing, though....)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is such an exciting opportunity! To be able to travel the world like that is amazing. Best of luck to both of you :)

    ICLW!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stressful time for sure. We aren't military, but we have to go through the "bidding" process for our posts. There is so much to think about, factors to take into consideration. Wishing you the best and hope you get one of your top choices :)

    ReplyDelete