Sunday, April 11, 2010

Silly

My husband thinks my worries about disclosure are kind of silly. It is what it is, right? He also said, "I didn't know that using donor eggs was a secret. I've told a ton of people!" I explained that it is not a secret at all! The only reason I haven't told some people is simply from being tired of talking about it. My husband admonished me that it is the perfect chance to educate people. :) He's such a good man, I really appreciate his openness and honesty about the process.

Fairyeggs called and we had a lovely discussion about subject. She worried a little bit that I was regretting going forward with the donor eggs. I can say with the utmost confidence, not at all. I simply want to have my view on disclosure worked out so that all involved feel good about the choice. Needless to say, she was incredibly supportive of being honest from the get-go. 

Loves to all. Hope you had a great weekend.

xoxo

3 comments:

  1. I'm always one for being completely honest about our journey. People that judge are going to judge anyway so I would rather then judge with ALL the facts! I'm so glad to see the donor eggs worked for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can understand some trepidation or deliberation about full disclosure, totally. For most of us, IF is this thing that is so intimately personal, so protected, so emotional. It seems fair to guard this info, or at the very least, to let it simmer a bit before serving it up to family and friends.

    I think using donor eggs is freakin' awesome, and I am so truly stoked that you have a lil' lime-sized bebe in yo' belly right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so thrilled for you that you were blessed with fairy eggs! I'm the same way, I don't hide it but sometimes it just wears me out to explain embryo adoption OR its not the right time to tell every single person I see.

    ReplyDelete