Tuesday, April 27, 2010

I bit the bullet...

This morning I went to my 13 week appointment and got to peek at little Caligula's backside. My little wiggle worm didn't want to flip over for us, but it was great to see the head, neck, body and umbilical cord jiving around. Joy of joys, my doc wants me to do the 24-hour urine test to establish a baseline since I have high blood pressure. Peeing in a jug...sweet.


Before I went to my appointment, I got an email from my mother with only a subject line message, "time to post of facebook girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Thank you mother for that subtle hint. lol. So, I bit the bullet a few minutes ago and just said it, "In honor of National Infertility Week, it makes me incredibly happy to share with you that after years of trying and hundreds of needles, I am in fact--pregnant! If everything goes well, Baby Cini will be arriving around Halloween! We couldn't be more terrified and excited all at the same time. :)" Hopefully that's not too obnoxious. 

So mother, now you can shout it to the rooftops...you're going to be a granny. :)

xoxo

13 comments:

  1. fab! love how u named the gummybear Caligula. Right now the bb is at the gummybear looking stage and it is so cool!

    Blessings 2 u.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not obnoxious at all! It made me tear up a little! Go you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are braver than me! And well done...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!! Doesn't that feel awesome??!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so brave to put that out there on Facebook. Oh, and I laughed reading about your mom's comment. My mother was waiting by the phone on the day of my 12-week U/S. She could not wait to call all her friends. Good-bye 1st trimester!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yahooooo! So thrilled for you, my friend!
    Love,
    Maddy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your FB announcement! That's great that you were able to tie National Infertility Week in there. Congrats, that must feel GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love, love, love it! I'm so happy for you girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you took your mom's subtle "hint".
    It is official if it is on FB! haha

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic FB post. Congrats on making it to week 13!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on coming out to FB! I'm glad you finally feel comfortable putting it out there.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an awesome way to out yourself and I think its great that you managed to tastefully put in the part about infertility and needles. You did good girl, not in any way obnoxious! And hey, your baby has grown again! it's now a lemon!

    ReplyDelete