Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Late post @ 10 week appointment

I realized I have been completely remiss in telling you about my ten week appointment. This was by far the coolest ultrasound ever as my little bambino was moving! Besides wiggling all around his little uterus playground, his arms were waving too! My breath would catch every time the nurse would release the freeze frame and go back to the live feed. It was the most unbelievable thing to witness this going on inside of me.

Another thing that amazed us was that our little one is no longer looking like a shrimp! There is actually an identifiable head, body, arms, and legs. It actually looked liked a baby. I have a huge fat grin about that.

The final part that was incredibly cool was simply hearing the heartbeat for the first time. The sound of the dub-dub was recorded by my industrious husband with his iphone. He did some quick maneuvering to get it to not interfere with the monitor and presto, we had something to share with my parents who arrived later that day. My mom and dad were incredibly cute hearing it and wanted it forwarded to them so they could listen to it at their leisure. My dad played it first thing when he woke up the next morning. How sweet is that?

Alas, I have no pictures to share as the ones they gave us were crap and incredibly dark. However, everything is moving along. With this visit, I officially was released from monitoring from the RE's office. This means no more shots, no more disgusting pills to insert or swallow...and, my husband and I are now clear for a little "coloring" although we are way too afraid to do so! 

xoxo

10 comments:

  1. YAY for the all clear! And move to OB :) LOVE hearing the heartbeat too! Congrats on your perfect little one!HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your appointment sounds amazing. I'm so happy for you and all the support that you have. You dad sounds so cute and happy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great appointment! Hopefully you get better pics next time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So exciting! I have my 12-week in a couple days and I can't wait to see a baby (vs a blob) in there. I don't really believe there's an actual person in there most of the time, but I'm sure you're feeling pretty confident after seeing arms and legs and movement. How amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. isn't it amazing to see a baby instead of what i called a hamster? LOL im so glad you are letting yourself enjoy this journey.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely milestone.....am so glad that you got to see the baby and hear his/her heart go with the samba beats....ooh how lovely is that!

    Wishing you good things for all other milestones as well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds great!! I love good appts.!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad things are going well! I pray that I will get to here that dub-dub one day too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The 12-week will be even cooler...that was where my husband first saw the baby move and wiggle and do the chicken dance. He called all his friends to tell them how awesome it was! (I'm about to have my 19-week anatomy scan in a few weeks, and really looking forward to seeing a little baby face and fingers in there!)

    So glad everything is going so well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This made me teary eyed in a happy, amazing way <3 So glad that everything is going so well :)

    ReplyDelete