Friday, July 24, 2009

My head hurts

One of the lovely side effects of Lupron (leuprelide) are headaches. Aw, a headache...that won't be so bad! But thanks to my lovely hormonal body, I get massive headaches that feel like migraines with light sensitivity. It wouldn't be so bad if I could just crawl into bed and sleep. But one of my very best friends is here, away from her three kids, visiting ME in Louisiana! Nobody comes to visit me except my family, so I want to have fun!

Yesterday, we went to Nachitoches, which is the cute little town where "Steel Magnolias" was filmed. It's a college town with a historic area on the Cane River with little shops and restaurants to poke into. I ate an interesting fried green tomato BLT and got to taste my friend's side of dirty rice (yum, yum) at The Landing. I was having a nice time until I suddenly had the nausea-inducing-stab-of-pain that hit my head. I felt like my head had been taken over by a painful fog of a headache after that. I still managed to keep going until we got home later that night, and I literally just passed out on my bed. Relief.

What was even more amusing was that DH called from overseas and had to tell me "you might be talking in your head, but I'm not hearing anything." LOL. Poor guy. I remember that I managed to become coherent, but I have no idea what we talked about. Only three more weeks until he is home. In fact, he'll be here when we find out if the IVF is successful or not. Way to show up for the finale! Ha ha!

So here I am the next day, shoveling down another Tylenol and drinking a Diet Dr. Pepper which are all 'approved' by the doctor to try to combat my headaches. My two guests are still asleep. Sweetpea is laying at my feet. Pepper is chasing her tail.

We have another fun day planned for my sister's birthday, so, #1 grow eggies grow and #2 go far, far away my blasted headache.

No comments:

Post a Comment