Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The aftermath...

Friday was surgery day where my polyp was removed. We started with a medication to soften my cervix which woke me up at 3 am the night before with severe cramps. I thought something was wrong until I bothered to read something about an alternative use for the medication which explained it! Dragged myself cramping and dying of thirst down to Lafayette to check in for the surgery. I had to wait about an hour and a half until they were ready for me. It went pretty fast after that...IV, little anesthesia, and next thing you know I'm waking up in the recovery room. Everything went well, although it was larger than Dr. S thought it was. Hmm. I saw a picture of it which showed a round pink thing. Very informative, I know.

My sister has been taking care of me since then, and I have been bleeding some. Resting is never fun unless you are playing hooky from what you are really suppose to do! My follow up is tomorrow and hopefully everything will check out fine! It is also the day to start Lupron! Injectables! Needles! Yippee!

No comments:

Post a Comment