Monday, December 3, 2012

Day 3: My little swimmer

Monday night happens to be one of my very favorite nights of the week because it's SWIM CLASS! 

Last Spring


My son, the water bug, propels himself around the pool with ease. His legs churn the water constantly while his arms help him balance upright. We work on a few skills each class, but mainly we just enjoy the water and being together. He laughs and smiles most of the time we are there. Although on a bad day he might howl or scowl at me when I make him float on his back. I love it when he owlishly blinks the water out of his eyes from going under.



Compared to the freezing temperatures outside, the place we swim at is an oasis of warmth. No, I'm not exaggerating. The pool is kept at 91 degrees and the room is a humid sauna. It's bliss. Of course, when we exit the building, my wet hair freezes and my little eskimo runs across the parking lot holding my hand. 

I don't care though. I just love that he loves to be there.

xoxo 

1 comment:

  1. I'm so jealous of a great pool close to you! Our small town has just an outdoor pool for summers; the closest we come is 2 1/2 hrs away in a big city hotel... Enjoy your time there with him - swimming is wonderful play (and therapy) for everyone!

    ReplyDelete