Sunday, January 23, 2011

the girls are good

I'm happy to report that the girls have been healing up nicely over the last week. (Knock on wood) The two antibiotics I'm on prevent me from using my breastmilk but have been working which is all I really care about at this point! Baby E has been solely on formula for the last week or so and doesn't seem any worse for the wear.

As for weaning, I'm pumping two and sometimes three times a day with a yield of about six ounces. This is a huge drawdown from the 35-40 ounces I was pumping out earlier. The plan is to completely empty the girls each time while spreading the pumping times out. However as per my doc's orders, I'm going as slooooooow as I need to.

Today is the first day that I'm feeling a lot better as I finally have a little energy. I've been allowing myself to just fulfill the basics of life--taking care of E, cooking dinner, working the classes I teach, and doing the bare minimum in the classes I'm taking. Cleaning be damned.

Thanks for all of your well wishes!

xoxo

18 comments:

  1. But Gisele said breastfeeding is so easy! Except that wasn't my experience. At. All. Glad you are on the mend...

    ICLW 61

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I heard breastfeeding is so natural and easy that ANYONE can do it with NO EFFORT AT ALL. Hehe. *bullshit* Glad you are feeling better and your tatas are back to normal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! So happy you're on the road to recovery! Your girls have been though a lot lately! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here's for happy girls! :) You are a trooper! Hope you continue to take time to mend, Jen. Yes, cleaning be damned!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you are feeling better. Brest feeding sucks (no pun intended :) ), but it will be worth it in the long run! You will see that your son will be closer to you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cleaning, whats that? Glad you are recovering.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great that they're doing better!! And what's cleaning matter?!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad to hear you are doing better.

    ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ouch is all i can say, i have seen mastitis in a horse and that looked painful OUCH
    I love your blog heading, MY DH always jokes that we off to have a foursome with me, him, Dr and nurse to get me preggers. baby E is a cutie.
    ICLW#51

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad you are feeling better and that your sweet E has taken right to formula!

    ICLW #8

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh damn the cleaning. Take care of yourself! Good thing the girls are doing well. Your E is just adorable!
    Happy ICLW from a first timer!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Damn cleaning and I'm not even sick or dealing with a baby! :) Hope you're feeling better!

    ICLW #148

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad everything is going well with BF. Happy ICLW!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glad you're feeling better friend!! Hope you just keep getting better!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Glad you're feeling better!
    Also dropping by to let you know that I have awarded you a Blog Award. Take a peek at my blog post called: - I LOVE THESE BLOGS AWARD - when you get a chance! =)
    The C's

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dropping by to say THANK you for stopping by my blog. Yes, big set back for us. IF break is probably what we're going to do, so I may be Blog silent as well, as there won't be much to discuss on the IF front.
    The C's

    ReplyDelete