Monday, June 28, 2010

Lovely...

Sometimes I don't handle stress well. Yesterday standing in line for a movie, I got pushed over the edge by a mundane life detail. I sat in the movie theater crying during the previews and again during a few parts of the movie which was funny not sad. I think it boils down to the fact that moving is stressful!

There are so many lovely things going on right now besides the typical moving stress. Here is the big one: we are under contract for our new beautiful house! Our negotiations went very well with us paying exactly what we wanted. Today we go meet with the builder and go over the final details of finishing up the house like the exterior paint and stairs to the porches. I can't wait to bring my kiddo home to such a fantastic place. 

Speaking of the kiddo, I'm pretty sure that I feel him kicking with regularity especially late at night. This is what I've been looking forward to most in the pregnancy. I can hardly wait to get my appointment scheduled for my new doctor up here so I can hear his heartbeat again. I've missed that sound. :)

On Tuesday, we get to move into on-post lodging which should be clean and nice. Once we get there we'll have a good 20-30 days there which should add some nice stability to our lives. Yay!

The rest of the stress of moving will work itself out in time. There may be a few more crying jags, I am pregnant after all, however it will pass. 

xoxo

6 comments:

  1. I was just about to email you! I'm glad you got undercontract on your house, and its neat that you get to pick out what you want to finish it out!! You'll have to post (or send) me some pictures! I'm glad you made it there safe, and can somewhat settle into your life. I'm bummed that I never got you feel your little pumpkin moving around, I'm not so much of a 'belly toucher' (didn't ever feel my sister in laws even) but I would have loved to feel him, maybe its just because he was so close to my pumpkin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely bet it's your little sweetie kicking that you feel. I felt movement at 18 weeks and even DH could feel it on the outside by 22. It is the coolest thing ever! It gets the best between I think about 24-28/30 because they are big enough that you can feel it well, but they aren't so squished yet so they can still move around a lot.
    Sorry about the moving :( At least things are about to get muc better with the contract and the new housing

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally hear you on the stress of being pregnant and moving and everything else. It's really tough, and in some ways I wish we hadn't done it. Still, I went to Alaska last year, and it's beautiful! I'm so jealous! There are so many things to do and see there.

    And I bet you are feeling your little guy move. I kept doubting myself, but it turned out that I was right, I was feeling the babies all along. Enjoy it for the next 18 weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooooh...Congrats on your new home!

    And the bliss of feeling the baby kick...what joy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Baby kicking and life in Alaska settling down? Super jealous, to be honest. Glad that you are getting settled in and that soon your house will be finished. Big hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Jen, Moving IS stressful and its such an upheaval and there is so much to organise so its only natural that you'd shed a few tears.
    But hey, you are doing great and how exciting is it that you have your beautiful house to look forward to. Just keep focusing on that time when you're in your new house with the critter and you'll feel a whole lot better.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete