Monday, June 7, 2010

Adventure Alaska has begun!

After our joyous anatomy scan that I'm still marveling over, my hubby, dog, and I hit the rode on our next adventure together--Adventure Alaska!

First, I must say that the anatomy scan was anti-climatic as I didn't get to watch most of it! The ultrasound tech told me from the start that she would be doing her measurements and then reviewing some of the key pictures with me. That wasn't ideal, but I didn't complain too much because my hubby did get to watch all of the details. All of the major organs were measured and there were four chambers of the heart and two kidneys which made me very relieved. I don't take anything for granted anymore. Seeing the little upturned nose and lips were adorable when he actually let us get a peek at them. He was busy playing patty-cake right with his hands right around his mouth for most of the u/s. :) When she pointed out his equipment, I looked over at my husband who had a big old smirk on his face. You can tell he's excited too which makes me love him all the more.

That's a good thing too since we're traveling together via car for about 4500 miles as we wind our way up to our next home in Alaska!  We left on Saturday morning from Missouri to travel to Omaha, Nebraska. It was a nice easy eight hour drive, and we are being really careful to stop every two hours to stretch my legs out and water the dog. After some horrible directions which had us navigating the many one way streets there filled with construction, we managed to make our way to our hotel. My not-so-little Sweetpea decided to perch on top of our cooler for part of the trip instead of the soft comfy bed we made for her.


The next day we traveled from Omaha, NB to Rapid City, SD for a little stopover so we could see the presidents and crazy horse which I thought was much cooler in person than in pictures!


 

Tomorrow we're off again! Hope you are well!

xoxo

11 comments:

  1. Yay for the anatomy scan and what sounds like a healthy little guy in that belly of yours! So sweet! Have fun on that drive! Whhhooooa! I would be a major grouch! I can't stand being in the car longer than 6 hours. Sweetpea totally reminds me of our Bruce sitting on the cooler like that. Especially how she has that, "Yeah, I'm a badass" look on her face! Safe travels, Friend. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great time! Love the pup. Congrats again on a little boy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to hear more about your amazing trip. So far, it sounds awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adventure, happy road-trippin'!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish y'all continued safe travels to the new home of Alaska!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck on the drive! I love the picture of Sweetpea - so precious! And yay for the awesome scan!!! The little guy is doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Safe travels to you, your husband, and Sweetpea! What an adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I drove to Yukon and Alaska one year. You are going to love B.C. See if you can take the glacier highway in Northern B.C. It is absolutely beautiful. Enjoy the drive!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on your SON!!! I'm thrilled for you and so wonderful to hear that everything looks good.

    Wishing you safe travels as you make your way to your new home!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an amazing trip. I'm jealous. I always wanted to drive across the country, or to Alaska! Your dog picture is too funny. That is totally what ours would be doing as well. Safe traveling and keep updating when you can. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you're traveling safe! ;)

    ReplyDelete