Tuesday, October 5, 2010

How do you thank a person for this?

Just a few minutes ago I received a card from Fairyegg's mother. During this whole journey, we have had not only had the incredible gift from Fairyegg's herself, but the support of her whole family - hubby, mom, dad, and sister. They have literally been cheering me on through cards, texts, emails, and happy thoughts from the very get go. You can see clearly how her generosity and love have come naturally to her as it is clearly demonstrated in the words and actions of her family.

Now that I hold baby E in my arms, I am more humbled and thankful for her gift from a depth in my heart that I didn't know existed. How do you thank a person for something that can't be adequately expressed through words or gifts? How do you thank an entire family for what they have shared with you?

All I know is that I will not squander this gift that I have been given. The gift is more than my son, it;s also the love and bond between our families.

xoxo

10 comments:

  1. This is so lovely!! I just found out I have (half) a donor, so it's nice being reminded that maybe there's a happy ending.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful! My best friend has offered to be my egg donor and we're moving forward now--this sort of outpouring of love is exactly what I imagine for us, that it will all make our friendship even closer. So great to read this! And congrats on Baby E!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is beatiful. Thanks to Fairyegg - just amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i totally got goosebumps reading this! congrats again! thank you fairyeggs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so happy for you all. I am looking forward to daily updates from your mom. She is over the moon and a bit ahead of me in the grandma department.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am glad that Fairyeggs came in your life.

    And I am very touched by how amazing her family has been...it is very beautiful on their part to have been so there for you.

    Good wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hugs to you Jen. So happy for you.
    x

    ReplyDelete