Tuesday, October 26, 2010

The baby weight...

...is gone! Yippee! From the start of my donor cycle until delivery day, I gained sixteen pounds. For once in my life, I set a weight goal that I managed to keep which made me beyond happy. I would have gained as much as I needed to for the pregnancy to have a healthy kiddo, but since I porked on the pounds during the infertility treatments, I really didn't need to.

Most of the weight has melted off with just some consideration to my diet. But now that I've hit my pre-pregnancy weight, that has stopped. :) Go figure. Now I'm going to work on the 20 odd pounds gained during my fertility treatments. After that will be another goal, but I'm just taking it in steps.

And for your viewing pleasure, this picture cracked me up.

10 comments:

  1. Look at that little face! probably one of my favorite baby pictures! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. That picture is adorably HILARIOUS!

    If you want to keep breastfeeding girl, it may just help with those extra 20lbs! I only gained 16 pounds during my pregnancy, too (but a few pounds during treatments as well) and in the two weeks after my son's birth I lost 36lbs. In the few weeks after that I lost more for a total of 40lbs, which brought me WAY lower than I had been in YEARS. I didn't do a thing. My son is 7 months old now and I eat anything I want and don't exercise (I know, that sounds so bad) and I'm stuck at that low weight just because of BFing. It's amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh - I laughed out loud at that picture! Glad things are going well...

    ReplyDelete
  4. How adorable is he!

    And I have put on that much weight in the first 14 weeks. I am screwed, LOL. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done Mama! That photo is hilarious :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great picture! Congratulations getting back to your prepregnancy weight.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic news about the baby weight gone!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. yipee! i gained 50 and have lost 26! long way to go for me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So very impressed! I love the pic!

    ReplyDelete