Sunday, May 16, 2010

Two hundred? Holy Moly!

Post #200? A blogoversary that passed and I didn't even notice? Yep, all of these things apply here!

When I think back to where I was last April when I started this blog, I am astounded. With my husband deployed, I had just completed three unsuccessful IUIs using his frozen sperm. Quite unexpectedly, we had to use an extra sample which meant that our IVF plans were dashed until my hubby could come home on leave. I taught my fifth graders, facilitated online college classes, walked my dogs, took care of our house and had a desperate loneliness that prompted me to start blogging.

Fast forward to July with a surgery to remove a polyp, IVF #1 with three eggs retrieved and a big fat no. Hubby returns safely to me, and we prepare to move to Missouri. While we are at it, we decide to throw in IVF #2 into the mix. Five eggs, two delayed fertilized and another big fat no. That was the cycle that sent me over the edge filled with hysterical crying and abject hopelessness. Those feelings made me not hesitate to move towards the next option of donor eggs. That decision started off our lucky streak where FairyEggs volunteered to donate and Dr. Leprechaun offered his part of the cycle for free. Twelve eggs, two embryos, and a big fat freakin' positive.

So three IUIs, three IVFS, and $35k later, I sit here happily hoping that my little pumpkin is growing away inside of me. The needles, the heartache, the tears, the anguish, the nausea and now the headaches--they were worth getting to this point.

Thanks for being there!

xoxo

10 comments:

  1. I am so glad that things are going well. Happy blogoversary! May the next 200 posts continue to positive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on your 200th post! :) and I'm glad you moved here to misery, so that I wasn't alone anymore! Even extra special is that a year later, look how amazing life is with your little pumpkin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! You've been through an awful lot in the last year. Here's to another year that just gets better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on 200! Sheesh girl. You are amazing. You have gone through so much by yourself!! I am so glad that all the money, hard work and love is finally coming into fruition!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Doesn't it seem like, at the time, that things are so overwhelming and hopeless - that no matter what happens, the outcome is not worth the pain. And now, looking back, it's ALL worth it - the heartache, crying, hopelessness is all worth the end result...

    May the next 200 result in as much goodness as these 200 have! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The difference a year can make. I'm sure your avocado will appreciate it all one day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're right; it's all going to be worth it. Hope you've been feeling OK? "They" say things should be better for you by now. Hope "they" are right :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a year, lady :) So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on your journey. And it seems apt that your baby is the size of an onion right now as your post nearly brought a tear to my eye!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing things happen in 200 posts!! So excited for you.

    ReplyDelete